Saturday, July 17, 2010

Should we try to lose weight when we are under stress?

Conventional wisdom says "Don't take on a weight loss program when you are under an unusual amount of stress."

And I guess there's something to that. The idea - I guess -  is that with less stress, you can focus more on your weight loss efforts.

But I'd ask, "When are we not under stress?"

As we said in an earlier Blog, time will go by with or without us! If you are under stress, remember that with OPTIFAST, you will greatly simplify your food routine. Additionally, you'll know you will be getting the nutrition you need. By the time your stressful period has eased up, you'll  feel relieved - and you won't be carrying that extra weight!

I've personally had a stressful few years - with a husband on Home Kidney Dialysis, his recent four-month hospitalization for a major open-heart surgery, and a move to a wheelchair accessible home because of his 24-hour-a-day care needs.

But during these recent chapters, I've been following OPTIFAST - and losing weight! While there hasn't been much that has been within my control recently, my personal weight management has been one area where I have taken control. And it feels great!

It's also rewarding to watch my son Tim - and our program participants - lose weight, too.

After all, we're all in this together.
Linda Gromko, MD

1 comment:

  1. Having had a blood pressure of 140/90 for the last 7 years, I can truly same I am amazed that since starting this program, my B.P. is down to 125/75. Just knowing that, I feel my stress level decreasing. Feeling healthier naturally leads us to feel less stressed.

    ReplyDelete