Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Buddy System Really Works!

Changing habits is much easier when you've got a good support system. If you can stay on an eating program with a partner, it's so much simpler. There's less risk of someone undermining your efforts, or weakening your resolve!

We feel so strongly about this that we offer a "Buddy Discount" for partners or friends enrolling together in our OPTIFAST Program.

My son Tim and I are "buddies." Some days, he has more strength than I do. And some days, I encourage him. When we get to talking, it's easy for us to recapture our motivation if we're having a moment of challenge.

I've seen many people use the buddy system for walking, rowing, running, going to the gym -- or even for quitting smoking. We need each other as we make life changes.

We're all in this together.
Linda Gromko, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment